Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what song would be your self portrait

Options
  • 11-11-2013 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

I have this quirky little diary which asks a different ? each day. To the above I answered " Both sides now" sung by Judy Collins. I'm sure most people can identify with the words. Love to hear other self portraits in song

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I like Joni Mitchell's version of 'Both Sides Now' and she wrote it too. I've been puzzling over your question Poppy and there are so many songs rolling through my brain. I'd say every day I could nominate a different song. At this moment, my chosen song is....'Help!' by the Beatles. But tomorrow it might be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Blue Moon by the Marcels

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Joan Baez - Forever Young

http://youtu.be/-4UoJ47SzjA

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

In my angst ridden teenage years I used to envy the character I imagined Paul Simon wrote about in "I am a rock" as I wasn't quite as isolated mentally.
    Now I detest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

As a kid (and still today) I had a fascination with the music scores of "cowboys and Indians" films. So when I hear any music associated with that genre, for some reason it raises my spirits, gives me a kind of "giddy up"!

I remember being captivated by Doris Day's singing in Calamity Jane when I first saw that film many moons ago in the old "Oriel" cinema in Chapelizod (or maybe it was in the "Gala" in Ballyfermot!).

But if I had to confine my answer to naming just one song, it would have to be
    "Three Wheels on my Wagon", by The New Christy Minstrels". For me, this fun record illustrates how we as kids must have had a literally black and white view of the world, thanks to Hollywood, that cowboys were good and "dem injuns" were bad...the innocence of it all...

Actually, my wife and I went to see the lead singer of this group, Barry Maguire, at the Sugar Club a couple of years ago. I was really looking forward to his rendition of the song but big disappointment when he only sang half of it, half-heartedly, because he was more interested in telling stories of his later career....anyway, serious digression here, time to go!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

My self portrait song is "I Did It My Way".:D

Advertisement