Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance

Options
  • 11-11-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I have a question regarding BTEA, I hope someone can answer or has been in my situation.

I am currently studying a FETAC Level 5 course in Business and Office skills, my course is finishing in February and I intend on progressing to the next level (HETAC Level 6 in Business) by doing a PLC Business course in the local Community College as afterwards I can go straight into 2nd year business in an I.T.

My question is will I be entitled to BTEA if I was to do the HETAC Level 6 PLC course?

I am 26 currently being paid by FAS/Solas. I have received BTEA in the past (2010/11) doing a Level 7 Science course which did not work out. (I didn't even complete the first year.)

So does the fact that I received payment for this Level 7 course disqualify me from BTEA for a Level 6 even though it is in a different field?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To be honest it would be up to the deciding officer in DSP. In the past there was more leeway with BTEA but that has been reduced. The best thing to do would be to check with DSP. You can contact the BTEA main office in Carrick on Shannon as they should be able to give you a clear answer:
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

Advertisement