Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit the White House

Options
  • 11-11-2013 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,

My partner and I will be visiting Washington D.C in January 2014 and would very much like to go on a tour of the White House. I have contacted the Irish Embassy in Washington and they that I must be a part of a group of 10 to make a request.

I am looking for Irish people who might be in Washington on the 13th/14th of January so that I might make an application on all of our behalf.

Any information on where I might find people or is anyone interested??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mod : Copied From Travel to United States

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Haven't been recently but they used to do public tours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Didn't fathead close off White House tours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/tours-and-events

When we did it a couple of months ago we went through the local congress representative. Her office were really helpful, cleared us with Irish embassy and put us through as US residents instead of making us go through the embassy fully.

Great if slightly surreal experience.

Advertisement