Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Servers

Options
  • 11-11-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi Guys / Gals,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience working on Fujitsu servers in Ireland. I'd like some feedback on support and how you found dealing with them? I'm in the design phase of a project at the moment and we are very close to purchasing them for offices here in Dublin and that US.

But if you've had bad experience or positive experience it would really calm my nerves a little.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

We have a couple of SPARC64-II machines running here for years. They're a pretty solid bit of kit, weird OBP implementation aside. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Ever had to use their support? How did you find them?

Feedback which is hearsay from a client said there are only 2 engineers left working for them in Ireland.

Little worrying from my point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Jaoibh wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Ever had to use their support? How did you find them?

Feedback which is hearsay from a client said there are only 2 engineers left working for them in Ireland.

Little worrying from my point of view.

No, haven't needed Fujitsu support. They're costly enough, so I suppose they've pulled out most of the old infrastructure and relocated somewhere there's a few bob around. Having said that, I haven't heard a peep out of the machines since 2008 or so, so they're pretty solid.

Advertisement