Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to Manchester (How Much?)

Options
  • 11-11-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am making the move from Limerick to Manchester in about 8 weeks and expect to have about €3500 (£3000) in savings with me. To cover rent/deposits/food for a couple of months. In reality should I be bringing more, or will this be enough to keep me afloat for a couple of months until I get work?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

have you moved over yet ?? might be able to line ya up with a bit of work and a place to stay/??
    Where in manchester are you moving to??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boxtie

Hi @theemigrant I have not decided yet, Was hoping for as near centre as possible. Hoping my degree and experience in the IT/Services industry would help me find work but I would be easy with what I was doing. What kind of work have you going, and why do you need an Irish person? :)

Hey,

Emm im a construction manager but i live id didsbury which is basically full of young irish professionals so id often here of a room going or jobs etc. A lot of guys around here are getting on well since moving over. Pm me if you like and ill forward you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Hey,

Emm im a construction manager but i live id didsbury which is basically full of young irish professionals so id often here of a room going or jobs etc. A lot of guys around here are getting on well since moving over. Pm me if you like and ill forward you my number.

Traveled for ten years and nothing beats Manchester! Stayed for two years.

Didsbury is a great spot. Every second person in Manchester is Irish!

Is O Neills still open?

Traveled for ten years and nothing beats Manchester! Stayed for two years.

Didsbury is a great spot. Every second person in Manchester is Irish!

Is O Neills still open?

It is but its under new management and the bouncers are utter W***k**s. They try and kick you out as soon as last orders is called. A Donegal man has the station across the road now, all the irish stations etc. It would be packed with maybe 30/40 young irish every sunday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

It is but its under new management and the bouncers are utter W***k**s. They try and kick you out as soon as last orders is called. A Donegal man has the station across the road now, all the irish stations etc. It would be packed with maybe 30/40 young irish every sunday afternoon.

When I lived there they were always ****èrs. One thing I learned quickly in Manchester - dont piss the bouncers off!

Is the station the small one at the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hey,

Hi I don't suppose you've much need do a stonemason? My hubby is one,he did a small bit if work in Leicester last year and is still looking

Hi I don't suppose you've much need do a stonemason? My hubby is one,he did a small bit if work in Leicester last year and is still looking

Hey,

can he lay brick too?? possibly pm me your email address??

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hey,

can he lay brick too?? possibly pm me your email address??

Yes he can lay brick too and block. Ill pm you his email address. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭prince of peasants

was thinking of heading over that direction myself. whats the job situation like there compared to Dublin?

Is it expensive there?

• Advertisement

depends on what work you do tbh… retail would be awash with workers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭prince of peasants

finance/trainee/internship: one that actually pays unlike jobbridge

Advertisement