Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of construction debris and landfill

Options
  • 11-11-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have a lot of site/construction debris/landfill/etc such as rubble, old windows, old precast concrete, old scaffold etc that I need to get rid of.

Id say its more than a few skips. Does anyone know of the cheapest way to get rid of multiple loads of this stuff as bringing and removing loads of skips might not be practical? Especially since I have a digger this week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

What I've seen 95% of people do is when they have a machine on site, they bury all their waste. Is it legal, I don't know but I've yet to see anyone rural hire skips. Im not suggesting for you to do this but it's quite common. Do live in town/city or rural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Local farmer may take rubble away for internal road ways of his. Scrap scaffold is worth money as scrap.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

cheapest legal way!!!! of Disposing of construction debris and landfill please!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kpbryww

Looking to have rubble from old block shed and concrete house extension removed. Any ideas on cheapest legal way to dispose of rubble appreciated. Location north Wicklow/south Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

kpbryww wrote: »
    Looking to have rubble from old block shed and concrete house extension removed. Any ideas on cheapest legal way to dispose of rubble appreciated. Location north Wicklow/south Dublin.

If the rubble is clean, grab hire could be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Go on adverts and stick it up on the free stuff section then put the scaffold up for free take away for scrap u might get some callers and they will take it for free. Depending on your location. Their are scrap yards all over where u can sell ur scrap metal for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Doing this at the moment myself:
    • old timber is been kept. I got some interest for it, maybe €60 for a large lorry load, but decided to keep it for the time being and maybe use as firewood in the future.
    • All metal going for scrap - old gun barrel piping & radiators being sold ~€100 odd per tonne. Copper is something like €4 per kilo.
    • Donated old curatins, plates, etc. to charity shop.
    • Almost everything else going in a skip, insulation, old tiling, rubbish, etc. Nearly spent €1000 euros already on skip hire - €270 for a 12 cubic yard skip the best I can find. I wanted to get one of the larger roll on/roll off skips but roadway is too tight apparently.

Advertisement