Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on my site please

Options
  • 11-11-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I've made a few tweaks to my site.

Just looking for some feedback, don't hold any punches, I can take it

Mainly looking for feedback on

1. Do you know what the sites all about, and what you're supposed to do if you're a customer?

2. How was the load time - I've gone for some cloud hosting, so, it should be fast.

3. Any feedback on how to improve?

http://www.bringitvideo.com

Cheers guys
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

For starters, lose the annoying 'effects' bits: the flying social media bar (die, die, die), the free 800 word article guy effect and the end of page scrolling 'brake'. Use more normal methods for these.

Simplify the types and design elements, there's a too many different treatments going on.

Fix your twitter link.

Reduce the amount of text you put in graphics.

Put proper contact info up.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bacon?

tricky D wrote: »
    For starters, lose the annoying 'effects' bits: the flying social media bar (die, die, die), the free 800 word article guy effect and the end of page scrolling 'brake'. Use more normal methods for these.

Simplify the types and design elements, there's a too many different treatments going on.

Fix your twitter link.

Reduce the amount of text you put in graphics.

Put proper contact info up.

Cheers dude, yes, I hear ye... the social media bar, sure, however, been getting good feedback with the floating dude... he only appears when there's an offer.

Agree with the over use of treatments, and to simplify, sharpen things.

I have another site/company that I've been working on, actually 3... this, listings site and a mobile site design marketing site.

All 3 have different looks, but are all related, but it must be off putting when we send clients from one to the other.

I'm working on the listings one, which is much cleaner, so, will probably have the same design for all 3, with a strap nav at the top linking to each site.

Here's the new design, http://1stpagelistings.com/

Advertisement