Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best choice for pregnant woman

Options
  • 10-11-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

First of all i would like to mention i am posting for a friend of mine who's english is not that great.
    His wife, who is working for over 2 years in Ireland as a chef, got pregnant. Starting this Monday, her doctor told her not to work anymore, due to the volume of stress in a kitchen. Me and my friend went to social welfare office to ask for direction on what benefits she can have (she was home, feeling sick and could not come) but the lady from the office refused to give her husband even basic information on which way they can go because the wife was not present, and they didnt even let me stay at the desk with him to translate for him.

I would like to ask your opinion, in their behalf, what is the best way for them to go.

I know she can apply for social welfare and get 188 euro per week, but are there any other benefits ? Her doctor told ger to print out the Health and Safety Application Form, would that be better ?

If it helps, both of them are working for over 2 years in Ireland, and both of them earning over 310 euro per week (each).

Thank you,
    Radu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

If her doctor feels that the work she is currently doing isn't suitable I think her company are obliged to provide other tasks for her to do.
    If they cant I think they are still required to pay her even if they don't have work for her to do, until it would be time for her to go on maternity leave.
    I'll have a root & see if I can find a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Advertisement