Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operating Systems & email

Options
  • 09-11-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭

Got good advice here last year when buying a phone so thought id return
    My Lumia 800 decided to die today so looking for a replacement, preferable below 200e, not really bothered by apps. bit of memory to act as an mp3 and a camera would be grand (really dont need a rear facing one!).

The nokia drive function was very useful so thinking of sticking with the windows phone but will be getting a work email set up in the next few says, its @company.ie but i think il be accessing it through gmail, maybe mozilla thunderbird. but whats the odds i could sync it with a windows phone?

the quick search so far has me pointing at the lumia 520 but the above, or better suggestions! may dictate otherwise. o2 network

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The lumia 625?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The lumia 625?
    yea just getting to have a proper search today & came across it, to be honest i was happy with the screen size (and overall size) of the lumia 800, and the 520 is around there. although the 625 does seem to have much improved battery life.
    Thinking the internal memory isnt too important now, lost a lot, maybe a micro sd is no harm. they arent exactly expensive

looking at 4 right now, lumia 520 & 625
    HTC 8s would allow me to keep the windows os
    Sony Xperia M looks alright too if i need to change OS for the email although it looks to be ok on a windows phone.

suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,005 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lumia 820 within budget? You'll like windows phone 8 :)

I've never seen a good review about the HTC 8S / 8X, I'd make sure to get a Nokia...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If you want real value for money the lumia 625 is 150 euro on meteor,in black or yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

cheers lads. yea ran a mile after going through a few review of the HTC 8s
    never saw the 820 in carphone warehouse, might have been tempted at 280, 330 with o2.
    went for the sony xperia SP for 280, thought it was best bang for buck (yes i blew my planned budget, was determined to stay below 300 tho) & il see if google maps does as good of a job as nokias version, kinda was time for me to give something else a try tho!

had a good look around in the shop though, didnt like the feel of the nokias at all. as a general OS though i dont see android as being any better than windows

• Advertisement
Advertisement