Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going back to college

Options
  • 09-11-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks!
    I did my leaving cert in 2011, got 505 points and did honors Maths. I did Primary School teaching in Mary I (just finishing now) and have I've come to realize it's not for me. Was afraid to drop out and decided I'd just finish it out. I'm interested in going back as an undergraduate to DCU next September but the course I want is 510 points. Do the 25 extra points come in for my results even though I did the LC a year before the rule came in? Any help at all regarding this would be great. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Bridcork wrote: »
    Hi folks!
    I did my leaving cert in 2011, got 505 points and did honors Maths. I did Primary School teaching in Mary I (just finishing now) and have I've come to realize it's not for me. Was afraid to drop out and decided I'd just finish it out. I'm interested in going back as an undergraduate to DCU next September but the course I want is 510 points. Do the 25 extra points come in for my results even though I did the LC a year before the rule came in? Any help at all regarding this would be great. :)
    Yes they do.
    Im back in first year at the moment in Galway. Did the LC in 2009, did a course for 3 years and dropped out. Applied this year to CAO and got the BP to add to my 09 LC points.
    Email the CAO if you want to but you do get the 25 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bridcork

Yes they do.
    Im back in first year at the moment in Galway. Did the LC in 2009, did a course for 3 years and dropped out. Applied this year to CAO and got the BP to add to my 09 LC points.
    Email the CAO if you want to but you do get the 25 points.

Thanks a million. This helps a lot!

Advertisement