Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ectot

Options
  • 09-11-2013 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

I mentioned this colt a few times in another thread but he is one to keep an eye out for next season. He's unbeaten and won the gr.1 at Saint Cloud on his last start this season and his form looks rock solid, a horse he beat twice hacked up in a Longchamp gr.3 a few weeks ago, and he beat a horse called Earnshaw last time out who had Prince of Gibraltar five lengths behind him a few runs back. Prince of Gibraltar is just after winning the 10 furlong Gr.1 at Saint Cloud.

He's a half brother to gr.1 winner Most Improved and could very well be the French Derby winner. Think he looks potentially top class

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Ha, I knew you'd be reading too much into that Earnshaw form line today.:)

Ectot's race hasn't thrown up a really top 3yo horse in over a decade, instead it's been won by the likes of French Fifteen, Jan Vermeer, Roderick O'Connor, Thewayyouare, etc all who looked a lot more promising than they turned out to be. But it did throw up two Arc winners in Bago and Dalakhani so the Arc is on for Ectot.

Don't think he'll be a speedy enough type to win a French Derby, more of a Grand Prix De Paris-Arc type. And a damn fine prospect for those races, with a great great trainer plus Urban has form with picking Arc horses having nominated Treve and Intello from way out for this years Arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

You heard it here first

BEAST

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Ryan moore gave adelaide a shocker... I know hes a great jockey
    but he was asleep there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Ryan moore gave adelaide a shocker... I know hes a great jockey
    but he was asleep there.

Horse was outpaced.

Next.

Nice shout on Ectot, impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Think Tom Segal tipped him up for the Arc in the paper during the week. Tipped at 50/1, now 6/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Think Tom Segal tipped him up for the Arc in the paper during the week. Tipped at 50/1, now 6/1.

Yeah the only reason I never backed him for it was because I couldn't find any news on his injury and he'd been out for so long I didn't know if he'd even make the track again and then Pricewise took the price anyway.

What do people think, did he just tire, idle or didnt truly see out the trip? I don't aftually fancy him for the arc after today I think he would be a serious 10 furlong horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Yeah the only reason I never backed him for it was because I couldn't find any news on his injury and he'd been out for so long I didn't know if he'd even make the track again and then Pricewise took the price anyway.

What do people think, did he just tire, idle or didnt truly see out the trip? I don't aftually fancy him for the arc after today I think he would be a serious 10 furlong horse
    He's a natural stayer so must be very good to have won like he did twice this year and on good ground and v/soft ground, only problem with the form is the rate that Adelaide was closing on him, but Ectot did win cosily enough.

He's not too short at 8/1 even with the quality of the Japanese horses coming over and with Treve looking like she's not a million miles off form despite flopping today she had them covered but didn't let herself down on the ground or because of injury. Soft ground could do an awful lot to reverse Treve's form and some of the other Arc Trial form form today.

Incidentally Ruler Of The World ran practically the same race in the Prix Foy today against Flintshire and Spirit Jim as he did against them in the Prix Niel last year. He's one that could surprise given that he might be a different proposition if he strikes for home from a long way out rather than being held up.

Going by the times of the races, I think Ectot has a huge chance and should improve for the run today and he's trained by a master.

I'd take 8/1 on the day about him or close to it. I'd be inclined to be waiting on the ground for a lot of the runners before getting stuck in to anything.

Advertisement