Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touchpad problem

Options
  • 08-11-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I have a dell inspiron 1545 and lately the touchpad is acting up, the pointer is jumping around when i use it and if i hold my finger in one spot it's the same. The laptop is about 3 years old so is it likely just the age of it or anything i could try. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

guil wrote: »
    Hi I have a dell inspiron 1545 and lately the touchpad is acting up, the pointer is jumping around when i use it and if i hold my finger in one spot it's the same. The laptop is about 3 years old so is it likely just the age of it or anything i could try. Thanks.

might be worth reinstalling the drivers. plus give it a good wipe down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

i googled it a while ago and on the dell forum someone advised to make sure zoom and touch check were disabled, seems to have sorted it but still jitters a small bit.

Advertisement