Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents

Options
  • 08-11-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

HI

Does anyone have copies or template of legal documents that need to be filled out in terms of separation? I am now trying to do this diy-style.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭missyver

THank you.

I was looking more for deed of separation templates or legal templates that we could fill in. We have both come to same agreement but solictors are just dragging this out no end. so I thought, if I could draw up the legal documents, we both signed them and handed them into solictor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Personally, I would ring up the solicitor and ask for a final bill. Tell him/her you're going to do it yourself cause of the arse dragging s/he is doing. See what they say.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/judicial_separation.html

This page has some great info and links that might help you along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

ken wrote: »
    Personally, I would ring up the solicitor and ask for a final bill. Tell him/her you're going to do it yourself cause of the arse dragging s/he is doing. See what they say.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/judicial_separation.html

This page has some great info and links that might help you along.

Most solicitors would want to get things signed, get paid and move on to the next case in my experience. My hunch is that your "agreement " with your wife is leaving doors open. What are you being told?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭missyver

Thank you for your response. I am being told that the other party hasn't responded but yet when I talk to the other party, they say they have responded. Then, the deeds of the house had to be transferred to the other party but for some reason my solicitor only sent over half the docs and now they are looking for rest of the docs, which is delaying the process again. It has been going on for last 6 months. Both parties have agreed on a figure, my solicitors thinks its too low to settle too but if I don't agree, it will go to court and I can't afford that. I'm happy with the amount agreed but my solicitor seems to be fighting on when I have told them not too. It's just frustrating and a long long process

• Advertisement
Advertisement