Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacPro Or General laptop with Linux (Ubuntu)?

Options
  • 08-11-2013 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,

I need some advise. I am considering a new OS as I am tired of Windows. I believe that Mac is a good option but after some research, I am leaning towards Linux on a general laptop.

The MacPros are a sweet machine but the cost is a killer (e1,250 approx). I am a general academic user but not a heavy user in graphics/video. At the moment I use MS Office extensively but I am concerned about the cost of additional packaged with Macs etc. This caused me to look at Ubuntu for Linux.

I am confused and would appreciate some advise and thoughts on your experiences with a change in MS OS to either Mac or Linux. Ideally, Linux presents the more attractive option in terms of cost but I can be swung either way.

May sound a little vague but I can clarify if you need any additional information.

Thanks. :confused:

Advertisement