Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS api

Options
  • 08-11-2013 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm looking for a Luas API that gives real time information about the stops etc. I know similar ones exist for Dublin Bus and Irish Rail and I've seen another unofficial app for Luas times so I'm guessing there must be some sort of publicly available API for Luas info. I've done a few searches but not found anything as yet.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Might be something useful here, looks like you may need to join first:

http://dublinked.com/datastore/datasets/dataset-300.php

Google for Luas RTPI API

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Graham wrote: »
    Might be something useful here, looks like you may need to join first:

http://dublinked.com/datastore/datasets/dataset-300.php

Google for Luas RTPI API

I saw that alright but I wasn't sure if it was a legit site?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Dublinked has received initial funding from the National University of Ireland Maynooth and Dublin City Council. The four local authorities (Dublin City Council, DunLaoghaire Rathdown County Council, Fingal County Council and South Dublin County Council) are investing significant effort to extract and prepare the data for release. To enable the start up phase of this project, IBM Research is providing, on a non exclusive basis, a platform of open collaboration technologies and research tools.

http://www.dublinked.com/?q=aboutus

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I had a look at all the APIs when I Made GetAround. That uses the Dublin Bus API (very slow), the Irish Rail API, the Dublin Bikes API (both very fast) and also parses the LUAS website.

For the LUAS, I saw a few options but in the end I chose to just parse the site myself, and I made my own central REST API in python for each mode of transport that does the API requests and parsing for me. Probably the equivalent to what Dublinked has.

So yeah, I'd be interested to see if there's an easy API to hook into, but to be honest, it wasn't that hard to just parse the HTML on the LUAS site so that might be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Thanks, I've made some enquiries with the organisations involved so it looks like they do have a LUAS api and will hopefully grant me access.

Although I have never used one of these apis before so I'm not even sure where to start and how to use it /query it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement