Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok to do 3 Ordinary Level Subjects?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I do English H.L , Irish H.L, Maths O.L, Home Economics H.L, Biology H.L, French O.L, Accountancy H.L.

I'm thinking of doing O.L Accountancy.

I'm not entirely sure of a future career. Can you achieve getting a good career if you have done 3 O.L subjects for LC? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JOJOGINS

its fine......... most of my friends do MORE than 3 ordinary..
    its depends on points and what u wanted to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Gfel wrote: »
    I do English H.L , Irish H.L, Maths O.L, Home Economics H.L, Biology H.L, French O.L, Accountancy H.L.

I'm not entirely sure of a future career. Can you achieve getting a good career if you have done 3 O.L subjects for LC? :confused:

Of course you can get a good career. How many points are you aiming for? Once you get your course the points race the media love to hype and hate will be all forgotten :) I couldn't care about my total points anymore. I just want to get my course. If my course ends up at 420 Ill happily take 420 now any extra is a waste :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lorentzforce

Gfel wrote: »

It's completely fine to do 3 O.L. subjects - It's even ok to do all Ordinary subjects should that be someone's level of ability/due to other circumstances.

You should ask yourself, however, whether or not, you have the ability to do Honours' level/the time to focus on your studies enough to achieve desired grades. Perhaps you should get advice from your Career Guidance teacher/ subject teachers, to base your subject level decisions on. Are you working as hard as you possibly could? Only you can answer that.

Re the future career, there are so many back doors for entry to courses. If you research your plan of action well enough, and put your mind to it, anything is possible...

Very best of luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

To be honest, a future employer only cares what degree you have and will only glance at your results to see if you passed English and Maths and in certain circumstances ,Irish.

Advertisement