Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

really old washing machine worth plumming?

Options
  • 07-11-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi I have a old washing machine reversomatic dryer plus its 20 years old and its never been used, is it worth plumming or should i just buy a new one?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

ETRY wrote: »
    Hi I have a old washing machine reversomatic dryer plus its 20 years old and its never been used, is it worth plumming or should i just buy a new one?

Thanks
    If it works,it works, is the simple answer

You'll have to do plumbing connections anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ETRY

I was just wondering if it might be harder on electricity more so than if i got a newer one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

ETRY wrote: »

Thanks

The older machines are hot AND cold fill so in some cases can be cheaper to run than modern cold fill only machines that use your electricity supply to heat the cold to desired temperature, anyone with plenty of hot water, say from a stove, would save on electricity, but then older macines use more water so if on a water meter then its gona cost.

If you decide to skip it you might consider the young fella on the Appliances forum who is building a museum of old washers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

You be nearly guaranteed that it will last longer than a newer machine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

and if it works and you ever need a service you can always pm billy bunting now wheres my commission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

In the post......

Addressed to

Jimf,
    Limerick again.

Hope ya get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

sorry its jimf po box 69 that should get me

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ETRY

thanks Guys for the responses ill give it a go, shur if it dosent work out, ill get in touch with the guy setting up the museum of old washers.

Advertisement