Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resources for Job Search in Korea

Options
  • 07-11-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

hey, does anybody have any decent links for finding work (IT related) in Seoul/Korea?

I'm heading over next year (need to get some cash together and wait for MSc results) and I want to find something preferably in Android or Web Development. I would go for a Tech Support job but most of them look for a proficient Korean speakers whereas I am pretty much a beginner. I can read/write and have a little bit of basic skills in speaking. I would like to take on a proper class while working there as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I'll send you some links when I get home but its not easy to find them. I know at least one or two of the users on here are working in IT over there so they can answer better if they see this (try posting on the english teaching in korea thread on boards as well).

There are the usual sites which occasionally post non english teaching jobs - worknplay, daves esl cafe, craigslist, jobbridge korea etc

I did get offered a job lecturing IT in a University when I was over there but didn't take it for various reasons but those sort things appear the odd time. Also there are sites like linked in (never tried it for Korea) and internations where you can make contacts and maybe network or occasionally see advertised jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

ekevosu wrote: »
    I'll send you some links when I get home but its not easy to find them. I know at least one or two of the users on here are working in IT over there so they can answer better if they see this (try posting on the english teaching in korea thread on boards as well).

There are the usual sites which occasionally post non english teaching jobs - worknplay, daves esl cafe, craigslist, jobbridge korea etc

I did get offered a job lecturing IT in a University when I was over there but didn't take it for various reasons but those sort things appear the odd time. Also there are sites like linked in (never tried it for Korea) and internations where you can make contacts and maybe network or occasionally see advertised jobs.

Yeah, I spoke to ryanfm on here and I'm in contact with him now and again. His friend's friend works for a company that I've applied to and they said that they'd interview me when I was in Korea. So I might have to be there to get in with the crowds (start-up events, meetups etc) and get connecting. I don't think I'm suited for the teaching/lecturing job. I taught in a hagwon and that was enough for me to turn teaching down in the future. I have more grey hairs these days :D

I'll check out the teaching websites as well.

Advertisement