Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Open Early (Sunday)

Options
  • 07-11-2013 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I want to take a friend for breakfast on Sunday but am struggling to find a place that is open early enough. We would have to leave around 10ish to make other commitments so ideally want a place that's open at least at 9, or earlier if possible.

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Don't mind location too much but have to be in Kilmacanogue by 10.30. Any ideas gratefully received!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,314 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Thanks Ted1. I did consider Avoca (I particularly like Salt in Monkstown) but I'm really hoping for a place where we can relax for an hour or so.

The Glenview does look good and is open from 8am. I'll have to check the logistics of transport for my friend (I'll be driving but we're going in opposite directions afterwards).

(I do love going out for breakfast!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I would suggest you go to Poppies in Enniskerry. Nice breakfast up there and opens from 8 as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Basically any hotel should do surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I would suggest you go to Poppies in Enniskerry. Nice breakfast up there and opens from 8 as far as I know

+1 Great bit of grub

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

The Dropping Well in Milltown starts breakfast at 9, but I guess the location might be awkward for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll see what suits my friend - and in any event I have loads of new places to try out. Have been meaning to try Poppies so will try to get there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Try Cafe de Journal in Monkstown. Few doors down from Avoca and opens at 8 on Sunday I think.

Same kind of food as Avoca only cheaper.

You can even sit outside in the unlikely event its warm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would highly recommend the Ocean Bar & Grill in Bray - open from 9am. It is across the level crossing from Bray DART Station on the right.

The breakfast is fabulous and you have a lovely view over the seafront!

http://www.oceanbarandgrill.ie/breakfast.html

Thanks everyone for the replies. We decided that logistics were getting too difficult this morning so have postponed our outing. I definitely want to try thsee places though! I'm often in Monkstown so will check out Cafe de Journal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement