Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap cinema days/times in the city

Options
  • 07-11-2013 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hey folks,
    im looking to find out about cheap deals for trips to the cinema in the city centre. any deals on particular days or times that anyone knows of? thanks a million.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

december83 wrote: »
    hey folks,
    im looking to find out about cheap deals for trips to the cinema in the city centre. any deals on particular days or times that anyone knows of? thanks a million.

Before noon is normally cheaper in Cineworld or at least it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

Most places are cheaper in the daytime. Students are €4 in the Savoy on Tuesdays, that's the cheapest I've found! The Savoy is generally a lot cheaper than Cineworld but not as many screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I think the Odeon in Point Village is €5 on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Odeon cinemas are €5 on Wednesdays. Savoy is €5 on Thursdays if you book online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you know someone with an Unlimited Card for Cineworld you can get a discounted ticket I think its €6 I don't think there are any time restrictions on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

Actually now odeon has a promo from Monday to Thursday 6euro on all 2d standard tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

CatLou wrote: »
    Actually now odeon has a promo from Monday to Thursday 6euro on all 2d standard tickets.

I think it's just Wednesday and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are going to get anyway frequently I would just get the Cineworld card for me it works out about €3/€4 a film easily the best value if you go more than 30 times a year.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Odeon Point Village is doing €6 tickets Monday - Thursday until the new year

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/offers-and-promotions/films_for_less_at_point_village/61/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

That's a great deal from the Odeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

thanks everyone! thats great stuff. looks like i am off to see the film "captain phillips" so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Half of cinemas in Ireland are owned by 2 families meaning there is little or no competition. But the family have split so there be competition in the future hopefully.

Odeon cinema is the best in the city. But it not worth paying for the Luas to get to it

Advertisement