Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Days To Die Alpha

Options
  • 06-11-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if many of you have got this yet? I bought access to the alpha and all updates a couple of weeks ago, think it cost about €26.

Alpha 2 should be out in the next few days, those acid spitting zombies have me worried :)

Vid of alpha 2 is below:

Al

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1) Is there an NDA on the alpha
    2) If not, is it actually any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

1) Is there an NDA on the alpha
    2) If not, is it actually any good?

1) No NDA as far as I know, there's loads of vids out there including many by the dude who did the vid in my original post so I'll assume that there's no issue with releasing info about the game etc.

2) Yeah the game is great fun so far, have only played in single player mode but multi player is available in alpha out there now.

The zombies seem to get stronger with each day/night cycle that passes in game so playing with a buddy would be useful, one defends the base and the other patches up the damage done by the zombies overnight.

The current alpha has the zombies just zone in on you (they will dig/punch the ground to get at you if you're underground), even if you're underground but this is to be removed possibly in this new update.

AFAIK with the updates the zombies will be drawn to both light and sound, electric fences are to be introduced but need to be run off generators which make a lot of noise...

Also, light sources (i.e. torches/campfires) slow zombies down at night but with new update will also draw them in so it's sort of a catch 22.

On the forums there's talk of solar panels being introduced (the game is set about 20 years in our future so I suppose they'd be more plentiful then).

You can also grow crops which can currently be done underground with a light source but this will change in the future so you'll need to protect them.

Something I really like with the game is the structural integrity feature, if you walk across blocks that have nothing beneath then the ground will collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah we had a thread about it, with members putting up lets plays and everything

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85885927

Taylor beat me to it :P , on a sidenote , I'll wait for the proper release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Taylor365 wrote: »

Oops, should have done a search before posting :(

Am really enjoying the game so far, should be great craic in multi player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement