Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question(s) About Casual Jobseekers and JobBridge

Options
  • 06-11-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry I know I had a similar thread on this a few weeks ago but I'll be starting soon and all the forms are signed and sent in and bank details given etc. and I still don't have a definitive answer on this.

I got an internship through JB.. Sent in the UP51C form the other day, so waiting on approval (I was told it should be ok as I have plenty of days).
    I went in to my local office today and gave my bank details etc. Just wondering how long it takes to get payment after approval?

Also, what way does it work now with my other job.... I'll be getting one shift a weekend, do I still hand in the casual dockets?

Btw, I asked them all this down there and they said they didn't really know about JB and causual jobseekers/working weekends.
    Tbh, I'd prefer to give up the weekend job when I'm going to be doing 9-5 in the intership....what do yee think? Basically can I give up the weekend job and keep the internship and get JB payment.... I've been reading through threads and it seems no one has a definitive answer.
    I know you shouldn't be looking at leaving a job, but, the internship would be greatly beneficial to me, and I wouldn't be able to put in my full effort in the internship doing 9-5 monday-friday along with 6-10 hours at the weekend (this would also mean I'd have no life essentially).

Any help or experience anyone has who was on casual JS and JB before please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OwlGirl

Just after seeing this, were you able to leave your part time job and still collect payments or did they cut you off for 9 weeks? Just wondering as I'm in the exact same situation right now! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

OwlGirl wrote: »
    Just after seeing this, were you able to leave your part time job and still collect payments or did they cut you off for 9 weeks? Just wondering as I'm in the exact same situation right now! :confused:

I only got my back payments now. But they told me to keep handing in my casual dockets while I was doing the internship, which I did, and I got that money.

Not too sure about the part time job as I'm still doing both, and as I said the Job Bridge payment was only fully sorted this week so I will have to see after Christmas what way it fully works or what I can and can't do.

I definitively can keep the part time job they said, and once it doesn't interfere with the internship it will be ignored. But, as I said, I'm not sure what way payment works yet as it was only sorted and back dated this week.

The internship I'll be taking up will interfere with my current part-time job so I will have to give that up, just worrying about being cut off for 9 weeks with no source of income but I couldn't turn down the internship as it's great experience and puts my degree to use...hoping they'll be understanding about that!

Can't believe your payments were only sorted now! :O

Thanks for the help anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

The internship I'll be taking up will interfere with my current part-time job so I will have to give that up, just worrying about being cut off for 9 weeks with no source of income but I couldn't turn down the internship as it's great experience and puts my degree to use...hoping they'll be understanding about that!

Can't believe your payments were only sorted now! :O

Thanks for the help anyway!

Yeah it took 4-6 weeks (although I kept getting my casual job seekers cheques so I did have money thankfully and few bob from the weekend job), but they don't really know what to do with us who are working part time and on casual job seekers..

That was the one thing about my part time job, they put me down to one short shift a week at the weekend so it's not the worst.

And yeah I'm getting great experience and putting my Degree and Master's to use, with the possibility of a trainee-ship with the firm I'm in at the moment at the end of it.

It's a good scheme for graduates, but it can be abused, I've seen some pretty stupid internships going up.

Yeah, I did ask when I went up to check my eligibility and she told me it was up to myself if I wanted to leave my part time job :confused: didn't really clarify it for me..

Yeah, I've been in a few Saturdays for training etc. as they've accepted me and I'm due to start in January, social is the last hurdle now just, and it's definitely going to be useful for me and hopefully the experience will help me get a full time job in a similar position in the future! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

Yeah, I did ask when I went up to check my eligibility and she told me it was up to myself if I wanted to leave my part time job :confused: didn't really clarify it for me..

Yeah, I've been in a few Saturdays for training etc. as they've accepted me and I'm due to start in January, social is the last hurdle now just, and it's definitely going to be useful for me and hopefully the experience will help me get a full time job in a similar position in the future! :)

would be interesting to know if bus eireann done internships

Advertisement