Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan X-Trail Diesel Particulate Filter Problem

Options
  • 06-11-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am the owner of a 2008 x-trail. I have had nothing but trouble with the DPF since the beginning. The warning light has come on frequently but does not go out when I follow the recommended procedure (driving around 3,000 revs for an extended period at a high speed) this means that I must go back to the Nissan dealer each time and pay for "regeneration".

Nissan claim that I am using both the wrong oil and fuel which is totally untrue as I take excellent care of my car and do a lot of motorway driving.
    Nissan seem to be in denial and blatantly refuse to accept any responsibility for the problem.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems and if Nissan treated you equally dismissively?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What oil are you using, and where do you get your diesel? These DPFs need a good-quality synthetic with a low sulphated ash formulation, a.k.a. low-SAPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobo66

Thanks, I was aware of the oil required and used it but it was actually the garage themselves who changed it most recently. I buy my diesel in esso usually.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Use Some Dipetane when filling up www.dipetane.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bobo66

Thanks B-Man, I've bought that; now to see if it has any effect!
    I refused to pay for the last "regeneration" and the mechanic at the
    service centre accepted it was an ongoing issue for them but Nissan refuse to admit it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You should also look into have the DPF removed and mapped out of the car's ECU. You can get it done for under €500 these days. No more DPF to worry about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement