Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Compaq Laptop €349

Options
  • 06-11-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting this for my parents. It will be used for general internet use (incl. email, social networks), Skype, Netflix and some basic photo editing.

Is this any good? if not is there anything else in similar price range that I should consider?

http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/hp-compaq-laptop-f1w67ea-abu.html

HP Compaq Laptop | F1W67EA#ABU
    The HP Compaq F1W67EA#ABU laptop is an excellent laptop for the getting you online. Built with the AMD E1 processor and complimented by 4GB of DDR3 RAM, this laptop is excellent at multi-tasking, so you can play music while browsing the web with ease.

With 500GB of storage space, there is plenty of space for storing your digital photographs, HD movies and a large music collection. It also comes with Windows 8, the latest operating system from Microsoft.

Product Features:
    •AMD E1 Processor
    •4GB RAM
    •500GB Hard Drive
    •Windows 8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Well the proceesor is garbage so it wont be the quickest in the world but if your folks are only gonna have it for light useage then i guess its fine for that. For around the €400 mark you'll get a *3rd gen i3 which will be much much faster.

(2nd gen i3 has the code 2xxx and 3rd gen will have code 3xxx, normally 3110 or 3120)

Advertisement