Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still cant get Eircom Broadband....

Options
  • 06-11-2013 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi Folks

About 8 years ago I thought Id have Eircom broadband...! I live in a village just outside Birr, actually its almost part of Birr, just 1km away. Half of the village can get broadband from Eircom, and of course my half cant...it seems we're on the "Crinkle" (the village) exchange (which I think is a small shed in a field down the road), whereas the other half of the village is on the Birr exchange! I kept being told it wasnt on the "current" list for upgrade, and eventually gave up asking.

Is this the plan, to completely abandon areas like ours (which, again, is not in the middle of nowhere but almost in a town) and continue to keep plugging the new fibre optic or whatever with great speeds? So keep improving whats already good (?) but never actually try to bring it to those who havent it. Its a joke. They seem more interested in high speeds than full coverage.

What annoys me is it means Vodafone cant give it to me either, and I am wondering is it the same with Sky?

Im lucky to have an independent supplier with a mast on a hill 10km away. i can get 4mb but I doubt if it will ever be any better, and thats €30 monthly.

is there any hope?

What are the chances of 4G from O2 or Vodafone being an improvement ? What are prices likely to be?

I could get O2 3G now for €20 monthly, speeds between 3mb and 5mb but someone said its not digital so wont be good quality???

Any opinions or solutions much appreciated!

kevin
    Tagged:

Advertisement