Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Manhunt 2

Options
  • 06-11-2013 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I know it is illegal but do you think if I tried to get it into Ireland, because the Guards will care or know what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The ban was lifted a long time ago IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

been lifted accordin to Wikipedia. But Wiki is never 100% correct.
    You should be alright I'd say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Film_Classification_Office#cite_note-scitech-3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd advise against doing so. Not because it's illegal but because it's a ****e game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA Import away man, F*ck the Gardai as the ol' Dr. Dre would say. But yeah, it's fairly crap and I loved Manhunt 1. If, you are going to the trouble of importing it, make sure you get the ultra voilent one and not the watered down version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's long off banned, as mentioned, 3D Games were even stocking the Wii version. Probably still are, if they've managed to stay in trade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's long off banned, as mentioned, 3D Games were even stocking the Wii version. Probably still are, if they've managed to stay in trade.

watered down version tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah I have the Wii version, it's the German release where all the kills rufi the cameraman and you can't see what the hell is going on or where you're looking. It's a bizarre, disorienting bit of censorship that makes the game very difficult to enjoy. Pasting a big smiley face over the action, or cutting away to shadows and sound effects would have been much better. The rest of the game being ****e (as far as I could tell) does not help...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I remember picking it up while on holiday in England a few weeks after it's release. Couldn't wait to her home and play it. Man, was I disappointed. Loved the original, but Manhunt 2 is pure muck. If you're looking to import it to play it, you're probably lining yourself up for a bad mood. But if you want it just for the collection, then work away. I don't reckon feds will be breaking down your door for a PS2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,439 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Don't bother with the Wii version, they censored the game to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

....... You going to let the garda tell you what you can and cant do ?? HA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I have the US PSP version somewhere, don't think I ever actually played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I remember seeing it on sale in Dublin airport a few years back, I'm not sure how serious these bans are actually taken.

Advertisement