Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fly Fair

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to Galway for the 4th Irish Fly Fair this weekend - hoping to get there on the Sunday myself. Been at the last two and its great imho.

See here ... http://www.irishflyfair.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Didn't realise it was on this weekend meant to go last year didn't get going would ya pick up a few bargains or is everything well priced up .

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Bargins yes there was some - imho. Plenty of barginning also though. Reckon I didn't pay the advertised price for anything. For me the highlight of the last two years have been the world class tyers (Hans Weilmann, Alice Conba etc) - just pull up and stool and have a chat! and the presenantions. There was a guy in 2011 from the WTT and his talk was very, very good.
    Also I got a casting lesson from Peter O Reilly. What more could you want for a tenner...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Anyone go today was it any good don't think I'll make it any of the days.would have enjoyed the demos

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Anyone go today was it any good don't think I'll make it any of the days.would have enjoyed the demos

Was there today was fairly good I thought ,few bargains to be had and some great fly tiers there , great to see them up close you learn something off each of them ,for me Brian Burnett was great and real gentleman . Davy mcphail was supposed to be there , but didn't make it . Still nice day out .

• Registered Users Posts: 21 flyfish anywhere

madred006 wrote: »
    Was there today was fairly good I thought ,few bargains to be had and some great fly tiers there , great to see them up close you learn something off each of them ,for me Brian Burnett was great and real gentleman . Davy mcphail was supposed to be there , but didn't make it . Still nice day out .

Wasn't Davy there last year? Some tyer if he's attending next year ill be a cert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Wasn't Davy there last year? Some tyer if he's attending next year ill be a cert!

Didn't see him there last year but was highlight on the pre fair brochure this year but didn't make it . Without doubt he is a genius at the vice and very generous with his knowledge .

Advertisement