Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a Hospital

Options
  • 05-11-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I'm living in Monaghan, so I only really have Drogheda and Cavan to choose from.
    I'm only a few weeks pregnant, and going to my doctor on Friday. I like the sound of the Midwife LED care, but obviously that would depend on my risk (which should be low for a first-time pregnancy at 26 years and no other health complications?).
    Honestly I feel uncomfortable about Drogheda, my father passed away there and the thought of giving birth there feels a tad eerie. But I am in full-time education in Dundalk (last year of college) and I've been told that this will make things easier.
    I read that if you go the Midwife LED route, Cavan will see you for appointments on a Saturday, which would benefit myself and partner, as well as his family live in Cavan, while neither of us have family in Drogheda.

Anyone have any experience of the Midwife route, what it entails, is it recommended for a first time mum and if Drogheda or Cavan would be a better choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I haven't experience of either bit I've heard great reports of the MLU in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Havent been in MLU myself but my cousin had her first baby there last year and it was an amazing experience. Her appointments were in and out , she was in the water, on the ball for her labour. Her partner was allowed to stay with her for the first night and overall A+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I wasn't with the MLU but I had my baby in Cavan last year and I can not recommend them enough in there. The midwives are amazing!
    There was a few midwives from the mlu in with me during my labour and they are fantastic! They looked after me and baby very well, were very helpful when it came to babies bath, changing etc and even took him off for a walk while I showered :-)

Advertisement