Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesnash.ie - PS4 & Xbox One Preorder interest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Tempting.

When is the 2nd wave expected?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Tempting.

When is the 2nd wave expected?

PS4 is apparently slightly before Xmas.
    Xbox One we don't know yet.

The expressions of interest there Sheehy linked to will be for both Wave 1 and 2. All depends on how many consoles are allocated into us. We will offer them as they become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What about pricing and delivery costs pat?

calex71 wrote: »
    What about pricing and delivery costs pat?

Delivery costs will be around €8.00 or the option to collect in person from Gamesnash Live in Dunboyne.

Retail prices not yet confirmed as cost prices in havent been 100% signed off. Expect around 400 for PS4 stand alone, 440 for Killzone Bundle and 499 for Xbox One. Might be a little higher when the maths are done for the card payments. We'd have to pass on credit card fees / processing which could be up to €15 depending on payment method chosen. Again all that assumes stock of any particular sku is made available. This is very much up in the air at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Well thats good news. Thought I was gonna be waiting till next year for a PS4.

• Advertisement

Well thats good news. Thought I was gonna be waiting till next year for a PS4.

You probably will :D

Well thats bad news. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

any word on games pat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

kevin2800 wrote: »
    any word on games pat ?

Some xbox one games up for preorder on the site now. Im sure the ps4 games will be up when it gets soon to their release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any update on this one pat? 10 days to go :)

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Any update on this one pat? 10 days to go :)

Nothing concrete I'm afraid for Xbox 1. Day 1 on Xbox is next to non existent. Still working on getting this allocation increased. Some stock confirmed for early December.

PS4 - We have some stock now confirmed but it's a different SKU bundle with Knack and a second controller. When we have a slightly better idea of the stand alone / killzone bundles qtys we will be getting we will begin offering these out as a choice. That should start happening Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What would be the price of shipping to Korea for a PS4 ? , or should I be checking with An Post ?
    Registered And Recorded Delivery:
    Registered and recorded deliveries are dispatched either via An Post's registered parcel service or by DPD couriers.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What would be the price of shipping to Korea for a PS4 ? , or should I be checking with An Post ?

It would be prohibitively expensive - around 90 euro and to be honest we wouldn't ship there with no insurance so it would be more than that again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi Pat,ive just expressed interest there.
    My son is making up his mind if he wants a PS4 for Christmas.
    He wants one ofcourse but all his friends are staying on xbox.
    Id imagine he will decide to go with it ,if so what are the chances we might get it for xmas?
    Also will there be a PS4+ BF4 package?

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi Pat,ive just expressed interest there.
    My son is making up his mind if he wants a PS4 for Christmas.
    He wants one ofcourse but all his friends are staying on xbox.
    Id imagine he will decide to go with it ,if so what are the chances we might get it for xmas?
    Also will there be a PS4+ BF4 package?

Anything I say now is guess work to be honest. You really wouldn't believe me if I told you how hard it is to get stock confirmed for these. The stock I was hoping to get word on today (PS4) is now not being confirmed until some time next week (which is partly same reason at this time why no PS4 games are up there yet) :rolleyes:

There is no official bundle with BF4 so it isn't subsidised at all. We could do something with stand alone consoles and the game at a slightly discounted price but it wouldn't be at the same price point as the Knack and Killzone official bundles will be at.

Traded in my PS3 games collection to Gamesnash (bar GTA V for obvious reasons and Skyrim because the gf would kill me) and just got my credit there. Thanks Pat! Nice chunk of change towards a PS4! Very tempting to blow it all on some PS3 games though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

Any Information on gamesnash ps4 stock?

lfc13 wrote: »
    Any Information on gamesnash ps4 stock?

Just in case that they don't have any stock, you can still preorder the PS4 from amazon.co.uk, you won't get it for release but you'll get it before Christmas. Been waiting to hear back from gamesnash myself but I'd say I'm a good bit down the list.

nXZtMCa.png?1

Serious though, hope everyone here has luck getting one whether it's off Gamesnash or Argos/Harvey Normans/Tesco.

Update folks:

Xbox One - All offers of stock has been taken at this stage and unfortunately we are not expecting any more to be available until the new year.

PS4 - Initial wave has been offered out, some offers have not been taken and we are continuing to allocate across the list. There is a second wave of stock due in just before Christmas which again we will offer to those on the list.

In terms of supply versus demand we have gotten less than 10% of the stock we would have needed to supply the entire waiting list so please don't feel disheartened, ignored or let down etc if you were not lucky enough to get an offer yet. :( We'd much prefer to be able to offer everyone on the list a console. The greyish market on this where crazy profiteering is being made on the shortage has spread to the wholesale markets too. Today we were offered the opportunity to buy in large enough quantities of both consoles at circa €150 above retail price. (must stress here this would be through unofficial channels) We couldn't justify it so passed on the opportunity but the fact remains there are consoles in the supply chain that never made it to retail customers which is doubly frustrating for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement