Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen brightness issue

Options
  • 05-11-2013 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently replaced the screen on a friends Toshiba Satelite l450d-13x laptop. He is now having difficulty with screen brightness control. The function key + F6/F7 don't alter the brightness, nor does adjusting it in control panel despite the sliders moving in both cases.

I have tried re-installing the display driver (an ATI Radeon hd3200) but no luck so far.

Anyone familiar with this got some ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Knock off inverter with only a single level? That or you failed to fully reconnect all the ribbons/cables coming down from the display into the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

That's not too likely - how inflexable would that be to have an inverter that does not allow for brightness variation.

I bought it from Gigatec in Manchester and they seem like a reputable company.

There were only two connectors and I fitted both of them properly.

The only thing is that I didn't actually need a new inverter but the screen came with one fitted on the end of a ribbon cable which could not be removed and so I had no choice but too use it.

Advertisement