Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 year old Vaio playing up a bit.

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭

I have a a daily computer .

Sony vaio VGN-N11M

It has been seeding torrents 24/7 for the last 7 years as well as doing all my computing needs. Has upgraded RAM, windows 7 and 120gb HD . Other than that. Standard set up
    Lately the screen has been going black and powerless and nothing works.

Yet the power and LAN lights remain on. Happens every day now and need a power cut and restart to get the old girl going again.

I have reinstalled windows 7 and done a self diagnosis on the HD and memory .

All clear.

Where do you think I should be looking now for the fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A new laptop. No matter what it is its unlikely to be economical to repair at this point. My current portable is 5.5yrs old and thats way too long in the tooth.

Its probably the display(inverter). Try with an external display. If that doesnt work the GPU and thus mobo is FUBAR'd and its for the bin.

Advertisement