Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wedding suit.

Options
  • 04-11-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭

Finally getting married next Year and interested to hear what fellow boardsies spent on the wedding suit. will more than likely wear it again for other weddings I'll be attending so don't mind spending a decent amount. Opinions, views and recommendations all welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have many other suits?
    If not spend the money and time on a tailored suit. It will wear well and come in handy many more times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

biko wrote: »
    Do you have many other suits?
    If not spend the money and time on a tailored suit. It will wear well and come in handy many more times.

This!,

You cant beat a properly tailored 'Contemporary' suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I have a few suits but only wear suits for weddings/funerals etc. So how much would a tailored suit cost. Any recommendations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is not going to be cheap and if you're getting a suit tailormade you do not want to scrimp on the materials by getting polyester.
    Try an off the peg suit first and see how it fits you. After that you can try a tailor made but I cannot imagine you could get one for less than €500-600 for the cheapest material (guessing here).
    When I was in Thailand a few years ago I had suits made so when I was getting married I contacted the tailor and they sorted me out for a couple of hundred euro. You take the chance that it does not fit properly of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Finally getting married next Year and interested to hear what fellow boardsies spent on the wedding suit. will more than likely wear it again for other weddings I'll be attending so don't mind spending a decent amount. Opinions, views and recommendations all welcome

Renting rather than buying. Other half has her heart set on tails so don't see a lot of reuse! :)

If I was going with a standard suit would definitely treat myself to a tailored suit. Bought one in 2004 for interviews and the like, cost a grand at the time including a really decent shirt and nice shoes, countless interviews, weddings & funerals later still looks like new. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

DamoKen wrote: »
    Renting rather than buying. Other half has her heart set on tails so don't see a lot of reuse! :)

If I was going with a standard suit would definitely treat myself to a tailored suit. Bought one in 2004 for interviews and the like, cost a grand at the time including a really decent shirt and nice shoes, countless interviews, weddings & funerals later still looks like new. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Cant see me renting tbh. Heard enough horror stories about rented suits. Want to treat myself to a nice suit so will look into getting one tailored. Any suggestions?

In Dublin - no, I don't know any tailors there.
    However, you can find old suggestions like this
    www.google.ie/search?q=dublin+tailors+site:boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Mod

Thread moved from The Gentlemens Club. Please note that the charter of this forum now applies.
    Thanks
    Sauve

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

biko wrote: »
    In Dublin - no, I don't know any tailors there.
    However, you can find old suggestions like this
    www.google.ie/search?q=dublin+tailors+site:boards.ie

Hi Biko, have you any experience of a tailor in Galway (or nearby) for a bespoke suit? I'm in a similar situation to the OP but based in Galway.

I use David Young on Eglinton street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

When we got married my OH got a bespoke suit made by Reiss, he went to their tailor on Regent Street in London.

Cost about 800 but it's beautiful! He has worn it to a good few weddings and conferences since.

Advertisement