Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get phone\broadband socket setup in a room

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

hi,
    we have our landline and router setup in the hall.
    there is a phone socket in the living room and i would like to move both to that room.
    after moving them and plgging them in it appears the socket is not wired\setup.
    i am a vodafone broadband customer.
    i assume i need to get an eircom engineer in to setup the socket?
    any idea how much it costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You would need an electrician to do this - I don't think eircom will send someone out to setup an extension socket.

Have you checked whether there are any cables in the back of the socket

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

ok i called voadfone. it will cost 120 quid for them to send an eircom technician out to sort the socket. tech support advised that i get an electrician to do it as it would be far cheaper.
    the wires are already there in the socket, it would appear all is fine, however, when i plug in the phone i get no dial tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

May just be a case that the cable needs to be connected into the back of the master socket

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭purerandom

ok thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Advertisement