Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford CD 6000 radio buttons not working.

Options
  • 03-11-2013 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2005 Ford Focus (MK2) 1.6 TDCI Zetec with the CD 6000 radio fitted as standard.

I recently changed the battery and the radio is asking for the 4 digit code.
    This is not the problem as I have the 4 digit with the service book.

The problem is that the buttons 4-5-6 do not work but the buttons 1-2-3 do work.

Therefore I cannot enter the 4th digit and I cannot then Enter the code as the 5th button does not work.

Has anyone any idea how to overcome this?
    Or even suggestions on how to enter the digits when the buttons 4-5-6 do not work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JJJOHN

Hello,

i was hoping you can help me, as i have the same problem with my ford focus radio.. its a 05 focus same Radio//
    but instead i was jump starting another car with Jump Leads.. i notice later the buttons 4, 5 and 6 were'nt working?

was it an issue with the battery? or maybe a fuse went..

did you fix it in the end?

Thanks
    John

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

JJJOHN wrote: »
    Hello,

i was hoping you can help me, as i have the same problem with my ford focus radio.. its a 05 focus same Radio//
    but instead i was jump starting another car with Jump Leads.. i notice later the buttons 4, 5 and 6 were'nt working?

was it an issue with the battery? or maybe a fuse went..

did you fix it in the end?

Thanks
    John

Hi,

It's interesting that someone else has had the same issue.

I am also sure the surge of power burns the solders on the electrical board behind the 456 buttons, so it would need to be re-soldered.

I ended up getting a second hand unit for 35 euro. I still have the old radio just never got around to fiddling with it.

Is yours still working apart from the 456 buttons, i needed to use the 4 button for the PIN code after my battery died, so had no choice but to replace.

I have since sold the car and have an 08 Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JJJOHN

Thanks for your Help,

It must have been solders on the electrical board behind 4 5 6 went..
    might take out the Radio during the week have a look,
    see can i get pick up a second hand radio during the week..

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Athenryeng

Hi , I had the same problem and managed to do a simple fix . My 4,5 and 6 buttons were not working to enter the code . I took off the cover of buttons 2 , 3, 4 and 5 , there is a little button you slide above button 2 and the cover pops off . You wont have any power now unless you get some one to hold a pen on the little switch , again above button 2 , keep holding this down . You will see the buttons now covered with a soft grey plastic . Pull off this and you can easily see the electrical connection . I used a long nose pliers to push in gently and it made the connection and buuton worked , code entered and now working fine .

Advertisement