Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil burner won't start.

Options
  • 03-11-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

my heating was working perfectly all morning. But this afternoon, when turning it on manually, nothing happened. The burner is not coming on. I do know from other places I rented, that the reset button at the burner should be lit. But in this case, it's not and nothing is happening when pressing it. I guess a fuse or something is gone? But where does it sit?

It's a "Riello RD3".

Thank you for your hopefully quick replies, it's freezing in the house. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi,

my heating was working perfectly all morning. But this afternoon, when turning it on manually, nothing happened. The burner is not coming on. I do know from other places I rented, that the reset button at the burner should be lit. But in this case, it's not and nothing is happening when pressing it. I guess a fuse or something is gone? But where does it sit?

It's a "Riello RD3".

Thank you for your hopefully quick replies, it's freezing in the house. :D

Light on burner only comes on if fault on burner. Press to re set.
    Then work your way backwards. Check reset button on top of boiler at the thermostat, under small grey or black cover that's the size of the top of your finger. Press to re set
    Check that the pump is working/vibrating.
    Check your oil level.
    Check valves haven't been turned off on oil supply by kids.
    Check thermostat is up in the house.
    Check the timeclock is on.
    Check trip switches
    Check in post pz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 janni.kruger

Thanks scudo2. It was the re-set button under the black small knob. Question now, how can this happen? Might there be another problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Thanks scudo2. It was the re-set button under the black small knob. Question now, how can this happen? Might there be another problem?

Tempature set to high ? 70-75 is normal.
    Water pressure to low if it a sealed system 1-1.25 bar is normal ?
    Weak or faulty pump ?
    Faulty thermostat ?
    Boiler full of dirt ?

Murphys Law !!

Your boiler hates you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 janni.kruger

scudo2 wrote: »
    Tempature set to high ? 70-75 is normal.
    Water pressure to low if it a sealed system 1-1.25 bar is normal ?
    Weak or faulty pump ?
    Faulty thermostat ?
    Boiler full of dirt ?

Murphys Law !!

Your boiler hates you ?

My boiler hates me? Hope not. Winter is only coming. :D
    Well, it's the first time it happend but I only moved in here couple of weeks ago so have to wait and see it it happens again.

Thanks anyway, I am saved for today. ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Do you have back boiler, stove or other form of heating? It may be the cause also. Hot water pockets from other source hitting the boiler stat after switching over.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
Advertisement