Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits for EU citizen - babysitting own grandson

Options
  • 03-11-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Dear Boarders,

my mum moved to Ireland 2,5 years ago after we invited her and asked her to help us by minding our son while me and my wife are at work. She had to quit her job (after 15 years of duty) and so we pay her some money monthly as compensation. In Jan - Feb 2013 she has been working on fixed term contract for couple of weeks. Only recently we heard she should be entitled for social benefit after she moves her social security entitlements to Ireland. She has forms E104 and U1 from our country to prove she has been paying contributions (PRSI equivalent) to social insurance for many years. Another info I came across is that she can back-pay voluntary PRSI contributions for past 2 years and she should be entitled for job seeker benefit. Our son just started attending montesorri (on part time basis yet) and my mum will start looking for a job, soon. We never asked Irish Social Welfare for anything and we always paid our taxes here or back in our country. IF my mum is entitled for any type of benefit it would definitely help paying some of the bills.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement