Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 03-11-2013 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have recently had more feelings towards locating my natural mother but also other siblings. I know this page is for adoption but I was fostered long term as a baby. I was born in Cork then placed somewhere for 6 to 8 months not sure where but then I was given to my parents it was a one day notice they got that I had to come the next day with no reason..

I have been extremely fortunate in my family as I was always treated like my other siblings and loved the same. I had a baby 20 months ago and these feelings of not knowing my own roots and where I came from really and something lost within me.

I wrote to HSe in my area who would have my records and eventually got back that it would take 4 weeks for FOI eventually got through to them to only hear that there are no records or file on me at all. Now Social workers called on a regular basis and I actually met my natural mother at age of 12 which wasnt a very pleasant experience which I have blocked out. So I asked where could I go for further information as there has to be files somewhere she said no where that they have been lost or misplaced over the years....

I have my birth Cert and mothers name I have half brothers and sisters mostly older than me and some went to the mount and also two sisters (I think half) were fostered or adopted out living near each other also I think in Co.Clare..

My question is where do I go from here anyone experience this. Is adoption board any help to me Im at a loss as to what to do next. I am writing to HSE west just to make sure they maybe anywhere else for FOI.. Please help this is something I do need to sort for myself..

Advertisement