Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Positives on Euro Shop pregnancy tests

Options
  • 02-11-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am awaiting a call from gyno about starting fertility treatments (after lots and lots of tests!). I have an internal ultrasound almost three weeks ago which verified cysts but there was no sign of a baby.

Today I did two 1st Aid Midstream Pregnancy tests and both came up positive, much to my shock, surprise, confusion etc. So I ran back to the shop and bought another pack, thinking that maybe it was a bad batch, but the next two tests also showed an immediate positive.

Given my fertility worries mentioned above I am very surprised and while I want to be happy and I SO want it to be true, I'm afraid to believe it happened just like that. Without any medications. Are these tests known for giving false positives? I mean, 4 in a row seems crazy.

Of course I will take a Clear Blue tomorrow, chemist was closed by the time (duh, woman!) that idea occurred to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You are pregnant. You cannot get a false positive, let alone 4 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Get a clearblue just to set your mind at ease, but as January says, you can't get a false positive. Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for that guys, I really appreciate the input. I will take another test tomorrow and then please God do a happy dance for real! :)

I did a Clearblue Digital this morning and it says Pregnant 2-3. Hooray. Very happy and scared at the same time. Hope my PCOS doesn't affect this pregnancy. I'm very excited! :D

Thanks January and nikpmup for your replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations :)

Get yourself to the GP to discuss any problems you think you might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

soexcited wrote: »
    I did a Clearblue Digital this morning and it says Pregnant 2-3. Hooray. Very happy and scared at the same time. Hope my PCOS doesn't affect this pregnancy. I'm very excited! :D

Thanks January and nikpmup for your replies!

Hi,

Firstly congratulations!

I was also diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago. Had a surprise pregnancy in 2011 where I found out when I was already 14 weeks gone (have a healthy little almost 2 year old!) and am now currently 31 weeks pregnant on my second.

All doctors I saw during both pregnancies said that the pcos only affects conceiving and should not have any affect on the pregnancy itself! Good luck hope it goes well for you such an exciting time! :D

moodswing wrote: »
    All doctors I saw during both pregnancies said that the pcos only affects conceiving and should not have any affect on the pregnancy itself!

Thank you, you have given me a lot of comfort with that statement. I'm probably just panicked because I really want to have this little one. But what you say makes sense, if my body produced the right hormones to get me to conceive naturally, I will trust that my levels are all as they should be unless told otherwise by a doc! I will go see my doc tomorrow, exciting times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Congrats! Don't know why people distrust cheaper tests, if anything it's more promising if something shows up on them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Congrats! Don't know why people distrust cheaper tests, if anything it's more promising if something shows up on them lol

Totally agree I used a cheap tesco one before my period was due as I just had a "feeling" and it was positive! So they must be very sensitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 rufs

Hey everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and am awaiting a call from gyno about starting fertility treatments (after lots and lots of tests!). I have an internal ultrasound almost three weeks ago which verified cysts but there was no sign of a baby.

Today I did two 1st Aid Midstream Pregnancy tests and both came up positive, much to my shock, surprise, confusion etc. So I ran back to the shop and bought another pack, thinking that maybe it was a bad batch, but the next two tests also showed an immediate positive.

Given my fertility worries mentioned above I am very surprised and while I want to be happy and I SO want it to be true, I'm afraid to believe it happened just like that. Without any medications. Are these tests known for giving false positives? I mean, 4 in a row seems crazy.

Of course I will take a Clear Blue tomorrow, chemist was closed by the time (duh, woman!) that idea occurred to me.

Thanks

Hiya.... first time soon to be mammy myself didnt think i was able to have kids myself as we wer trying for over a year
    Then strong symptoms started occuring ie serious morning sicknes (that lasts all bloody day and night much to my dismay)
    I took two euroshop pregnancy tests and almost straight away both came out positive.
    Cysts dont contain hcg and thats what the test look for so you could be pregnant
    Like yourself i was afraid that the tests were botched but had a doc appointment the very next morning to be sure and it was confirmed again almost immediately
    I hope everyyhing works out for you
    Our best wishes

• Advertisement

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Hiya.... first time soon to be mammy myself didnt think i was able to have kids myself as we wer trying for over a year
    Then strong symptoms started occuring ie serious morning sicknes (that lasts all bloody day and night much to my dismay)
    I took two euroshop pregnancy tests and almost straight away both came out positive.
    Cysts dont contain hcg and thats what the test look for so you could be pregnant
    Like yourself i was afraid that the tests were botched but had a doc appointment the very next morning to be sure and it was confirmed again almost immediately
    Our best wishes

Hey everyone,

Thanks

Our best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Used precisely the same tests to confirm my own current pregnancy.

Absolutely nothing wrong with them - they employ the same principle as all other tests!

I wouldn't recommend the First Vue ones though, instead of a plastic "cap" over the test area, there is a strip of plastic running directly on top of the test strip. As my urine travelled across, it got stuck to the plastic and it took an hour for the positive result to dry in (I already knew I was pregnant when I used it).

Congratulations!

Advertisement