Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pikeing In Galway near Tuam

Options
  • 02-11-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I really want to get back to pike fishing Since the trout season is closed, I'm looking for places near Tuam County Galway Or somewhere around ballyhaunis Mayo i have all the gear Etc.I'd like to know some good spots!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You may find something on this site. I find it very accurate for any venues I've used. I'm not familiar with Galway but I think there are loads of venues listed here -
    http://www.prebait.com/venues_search.php

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭floattuber_lee

I popped into Hewitson's in Westport and they have maps which they give out showing pike spots, not sure what area they cover exactly as they didn't have any left when i was in. What i have been doing is looking at the OS map for the area googling names of lakes trying to suss the area out, then going out in the car looking for likely spots to fish. moycullen has some good pike fishing and i have heard there is good pike fishing in the tuam/shrule area, but not really sure where they are..... yet!

I also visited pre-bait but as i was looking for venues and general tips i came across a thread about chub in the shannon and basically a few users were giving out stink because trout and salmon anglers are the voice in ireland and as long as that was the case they wouldnt be allowed to introduce chub to their local rivers! couldnt believe people were advocating the introduction of a non native fish! sorry for going off point but couldn't believe what i was reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Quite a few small lakes around Ballyhaunis. Notably Darragan, are good for pike fishing.

Advertisement