Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Blackout

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Saw an ad for this yesterday. It's called American Blackout and it's on Monday 04/11/2013 on Nat Geo at 9pm. It's about a cyber attack that knocks out the power stations etc and how this effects people. Might be worth a look. I have my recorder set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Did anyone else watch? What did you think? The two things that jumped out at me was firstly the prepper family really could have done with getting my like minded people on board as they ended up being over run. As the father found out the hard way, it's not easy to keep the family safe all by yourself.
    The other was the guys getting stuck in a lift. Was just thinking how screwed they would have been without a light source. Made me think I should have a small torch on me at all times. Actually saw the ideal one in LIDL yesterday. " in a pack for E2 I think. Small, easy to carry and invaludable if you found yourself in a jam wth no lights etc and were unable to exit building immediately or whatever. The ad on during the break was something to do with the Prepper family building a castle. Didn't bother with that seems way too OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

I found most of it laughable
    1) The couple in the apartment that had nothing at all in their presses, then they go to the shop to buy supplies and the guy runs up the prices trying to be the big man only to find out his plastic doesnt work (power off for a few days and he tries using plastic are people really this stupid)
    2) The prepper family firstly had way too much land to cover for the amount of people and the daughters boyfriend giving away food putting the eye on them id have knocked him out
    3) The kid with all the cameras wandering around at night with no protection or clue to what he was doing crazy
    4) The Kid in the lift that had a little of everything in his pack seemed to be the only one with any sense
    It made me look at the mistakes/how stupid people can be and review my preps and how id deal with security of my home/family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Must watch it on youtube if its there sounds watchable...

Advertisement