Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to checking / reading song metadata

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

what's the best / easiest way to check song metadata and codes etc, to make sure the right info is attached?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

I use Sonoris for creating DDP disc/image for Plant.

You can check everything before/after burning the disc. Might be an easier option out there (Free) for your needs if your not sending something to plant.

Does your Daw not let check metadata and ISRC after input and bounce

http://www.sonorissoftware.com/catalog/ddp-creator-p-47.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Thanks for that - yeah I'll look in to the DAW thing - I'm an amateur and usually would leave metadata and coding to the mix/mastering engineer, so haven't done that kind of that up to now.

Yeah I suppose I was just envisioning a basic check for a mastered track, if such a thing exists, along the lines of how you might right click something in windows and hit 'properties' etc (very simplistic I know!), just to check the data, rather than modifying it, and worry about the modifying afterwards if the data is incorrect.

What DAW are you using?

Cubase 6

On initial investigation it seems I may not be able to do this in Cubase. Any low cost software option recommendations would be great..Wavelab Elements 8 is €99. May be a good option.

This is also half the price http://hofa-plugins.de/pages/start_en/hofa-cd-burn-ddp_en.php

..but Steinberg compatibility/interface is attractive for me obv..

• Advertisement

Wavelab is a disaster.

The Hofa standalone seems well put together. 99 beans, you can't complain about that! Am not aware if you can write text for wav. in cubase 6 though. So, hofa might suit you am sure there is a freeware system out there somewhere for text.

I have not used this in a good while for capture on my desk but it is a great program really tidied up with version 4. If you have an apple or have access to an OSX system.

89Euro

http://www.dsp-quattro.com/dspquattro/Site/DSP-Quattro.html

Thanks very much Peter, I'll check it all out.

Much appreciated

Advertisement