Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended revision books.

Options
  • 02-11-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm a 5th year student and looking to buy some revision books.
    My subjects are Accounting, English, Irish, French, Chemistry, Music, Geography, and Maths (All HL). Can anyone recommend any particular revision books that are good for any of these? I was looking at less stress more success but I've heard that they're not meant to be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 racl96

burrenguy wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm a 5th year student and looking to buy some revision books.
    My subjects are Accounting, English, Irish, French, Chemistry, Music, Geography, and Maths (All HL). Can anyone recommend any particular revision books that are good for any of these? I was looking at less stress more success but I've heard that they're not meant to be great. Thanks!

Hi, if you're using Chemistry Live then I would go for Rapid Revision as it's written by the same authors.
    For Irish I find Gleasnotai Gaeilge good as it has all the sraith pictiurs, just make sure you get the 2015 edition if you're in fifth year.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The educate.ie geography sample answers book is brill. All you need to know is broken down into sample essays and if you learn them you're pretty much sorted. Same goes with the exam skills geography book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

thanks to both of ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Keynotes for english anyway! Has great sample answers for Othello!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Be careful with keynotes. You can't rely solely on them. Examiners are getting sick of reading the same content in answers over and over again. Apparently it's mentioned in the Chief Exmainers Report for 2013 which will be released next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Could anyone recommend me a good revision book for the following:
    English
    Maths:
    Chem:
    Economics:
    Ag.Science

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Speaking from a place of experience, avoid Rapid Revision Accounting at all costs. Teacher swears by it, but it consists mainly of OL sample questions with a serious lack of thoroughly worked HL questions. Have heard good things about ReviseWise Accounting and plan on getting it next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

SChique00 wrote: »
    Speaking from a place of experience, avoid Rapid Revision Accounting at all costs. Teacher swears by it, but it consists mainly of OL sample questions with a serious lack of thoroughly worked HL questions. Have heard good things about ReviseWise Accounting and plan on getting it next week :)

Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

case885 wrote: »
    Is it any good?

It's amazing. Used it for study for my Christmas exam (company final account, service q and cash flow statement) and got an A2.

Goes through every possible adjustment to be found on the different final accounts, and the theory is broken down to the bare essentials. Great for service and club accounts also.

Get it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Has anyone got any good recommendations for revision books for HL Project Maths?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

For Economics, Rapid Revision is an absolute gem.

For Accounting, there isn't much need for a revision book. The exam papers and marking scheme should be your bible. If you really want one, Revise Wise is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Less Stress More Success isn't too bad for Maths, one book for each paper and it goes through a lot of exam questions from the previous project maths papers!

Advertisement