Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Dublin to Sligo after a concert?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to return home after a concert in Dublin to Sligo on mainly public transport? Keeping in mind the concert isn't a major one.

From my research, I can see there is no services running at a decent time to be able to attempt to even catch them, keeping in mind the concerts would be over just after 11pm in the o2.

If there is no Furey's bus running a return service to the concert itself (I have inquired) , does anyone know any other options I could explore?

The train from what I can see, the latest going from Dublin is at 7pm and the bus at 9pm on certain days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't drive so i'm finding this quite a struggle and staying overnight is sadly not a viable option financially for me.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I've been to my fair share of gigs in Dublin over the last 12 years, and unless I travelled up with someone who was driving back that night (don't drive myself either), the only option I've ever had was to stay over.

I've been lucky enough to always have at least one friend living in Dublin, so I've always just slept on a couch and avoided the cost of accommodation, but sadly, unless that's an option you're severely limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

If the concert is Monday-Saturday there is a bus that leaves Dublin at 11.00pm http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1376666736-023.pdf

I usually stay over if I'm going to a concert, hostels are from €20 per night.

Advertisement