Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West side story suitability for an 8 year old?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭

Have an eight year old girl who loves musicals. Was given two tickets for during the week & was wondering about bringing her to it.

I know the movie is pg but not sure about the stage version.

I know there's also a couple of differences between the stage show & the movie, but not sure what they may be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I don't know about this production but stage versions I've seen would definitely not be suitable for an under 12. Between the gang violence, Anita's rape and the ending, I really don't think it's suitable viewing for one so young, it can be quite dark and upsetting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Well, pg is up to the parents' decision but personally I would not take an 8 year old.
    I'd say a mature 11/12 year old might be okay but like athtrasna said, there are some pretty heavy scenes that would not be suitable for a child of that age at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks guys. Night out without the kids it is

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have fun!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭OU812

Just home. Great show. Couple of weak voices but the four leads were brilliant.

At the interval a girl (about 17) sitting behind us said that they should make a movie of it, it'd make a fortune.

Nobody tell Bieber.

• Advertisement
Advertisement