Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivalist / TEOTWAWKI / PAW Fiction Thread

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Survivalist / TEOTWAWKI / PAW Fiction has grown in leaps and bounds over the years and is really shifting towards the mainstream, especially with the recent success of the Hunger Games trilogy (Although this leans towards a more Dystopian slant).

Here are some of my favourite reads:

One Second After - William R. Forstchen's

Going Home
    - A. American

The Spartan's Last March - A G Elliot

37 Miles - AJT

Are they any budding readers / writers on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Im more if a wait for the film kind of guy.... Havent read a book simce i wqs in school!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

I actually have a novel published on Amazon as an ebook! It's about an ex-legionnaire who returns home to Dublin and becomes embroiled with the 'mob'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Ya not gonna share the name or a link danpad??! Im sure some would be interested!

Fair play too by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

I'm impressed Dan-man! Is it ringing the till and getting good reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

I'm impressed Dan-man! Is it ringing the till and getting good reviews?

Well, lets put it this way, as it's an ebook it's priced very low which means the amount you receive is also low. I've recouped the amount I spent on headache tabs whilst writing/editing it :D Also, the formatting process Amazon invokes is horribly complex and sometimes renders ebooks a little awkward (for some readers) to read. Little things like starting a chapter halfway down the page or putting gaps in paragraphs and so on. But nonetheless the book is there! If mods permit I'll provide a link and see if I can make it free to download for a few days. If you don't wish to download it you can have what they call a 'look inside' to get a feel for it. I didn't write for profit, but for my two sons who can read it when they are of age, and they can see that the old man did something in his spare time!

• Advertisement

This is one of the books that actually got me started on the long road of writing, it's more orientated towards an American audience but that's where the market is I guess:

51ARA47ACTL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's actually set in a Mars space station for part of it. But the genre is post apocalyptic and gritty.

Good stuff! :)

My own hopefully some may like, it's unashamedly Survivalist and written for US audiences, without the flag-waving stuff.

Mountain Hold - TD

Advertisement