Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commercial travel to space

Options
  • 01-11-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anyone know when will commercial traveling to space be available? I mean, I can't afford it :) but it would be nice to see the Earth from space. I believe such view can change a person totally.

Comments

Mr. Musk, while we appreciate all you've done with SpaceX, false question & answers will get you banned all the same. Stop trolling Elon!

(Kidding :) My opinion: yes, one day. Might be for once in a life treat money

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

O'Leary is looking in to it.. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A few have already done it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You can get up to see the curvature of the earth (22 Kilometres up!) and space above you in a MIG fighter for about £10,000.

Not quite space but I'd say it would be an incredible experience all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

You could pay a quarter mill to Richard bransons virgin galactic for a suborbital flight next year
    SpaceShipTwo_VG4X3_0.jpg?itok=mG2Nu8z9

Or you could enter a tv show:)

NBC says it's reached a deal with Virgin Galactic and reality TV producer Mark Burnett to create a television series called "Space Race," which will follow contestants as they compete to win a flight into space aboard Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo rocket plane.

SpaceShipTwo is currently in the midst of flight tests at California's Mojave Air and Space Port, and could take passengers on suborbital space rides as early as next year. But it's too early to say when "Space Race" will air, or when the show's winner would fly, said Clare Anne Darragh, a spokeswoman for Burnett's production company, One Three Media.

More than 600 customers have made their reservations for SpaceShipTwo flights from Spaceport America in New Mexico, at a current price of $250,000 per seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I don't know of mainstream commercial space tourism will be available in my lifetime, but until then i've just been living my space based dreams through Chris Hadfield's videos on Youtube.

Advertisement