Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fines

Options
  • 01-11-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi was wondering if anyone could advise me i got home today to find a letter from court office addressed to my ex boyfriend for non payment of fine ,i don,t have a clue where he is and was unaware he used my address when stopped for no insurance .Will gardai come here or bailifs thats what letter says if fine is not paid.God could do without this ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

You are not liable in any case. You could, to avoid further hassle, inform the court office that this gentleman is no longer resident there. However if the fine is not paid the matter will be sent to the Gardaí. They will then call to the address seeking payment. All you can say then is that he is no longer there. The Gardaí may be able to use other methods of establishing his location

Advertisement