Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insert Stove Install

Options
  • 01-11-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im just wondering i got a stove installed and it cost 1000 euro to put it in is that about right or is it a lil much? i live in dublin so does that make it more expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It depends.

I have an insert that bolts onto the existing fireback using a metal arm, with one small bolt drilled into the hearth floor. A very simple fit.

A complex one might be where the insert requires the fireback to be removed, or it forms part of a hot water circuit.

If you've paid already I'd be inclined to forget about it - you're unlikely get a refund regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If its a non boiler insert and you supplied all the fitting and materials, you were robbed blind. The fire back will be taken out in 15 mins no problem.

If however your fitter supplied twin wall flue and cowel and the vitreous Enamel bends and vermiculite its still expensive but not as bad.

If its a boiler stove it sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

It depends.

I have an insert that bolts onto the existing fireback using a metal arm, with one small bolt drilled into the hearth floor. A very simple fit.

A complex one might be where the insert requires the fireback to be removed, or it forms part of a hot water circuit.

If you've paid already I'd be inclined to forget about it - you're unlikely get a refund regardless.

Do you mind if i ask which insert you have and how you find it. Did you fit it yourself and does it have to be taken out to clean the chimney. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Funtimes2013

Hi all
    I'm living in a old house that has a open fire. The chimney has no clay pipe in the pipe inside it blocks shaped around the are in great nix. The room was never used. We are thinking of putting in a insert stove. Is it possible to connect the insert stove to the brick lined chimney???? Great to hear your views

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hi all
    I'm living in a old house that has a open fire. The chimney has no clay pipe in the pipe inside it blocks shaped around the are in great nix. The room was never used. We are thinking of putting in a insert stove. Is it possible to connect the insert stove to the brick lined chimney???? Great to hear your views

I would say without a doubt I would be using a flue liner in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Funtimes2013

Why would you recommend the flue linear ? And what would you think I'd need in a bungalow to do the job right?

Advertisement