Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making payments with WP wallet

Options
  • 01-11-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭

Is this possible ? For example, McDonalds has contactless payments for sums under 15 euros using NFC bank cards. If I add my card information to my WP wallet, can I use my phone as a payment mechanism instead of a card ? I can't find any examples of this in usage on the internets, but maybe I'm searching the wrong thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

this type of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Does Visa / MasterCard have an NFC Payment app for Windows Phone? Unfortunately, we probably can't do it without that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I believe paying using nfc on a phone requires either a special app (provided by a bank or visa / mastercard directly) or a secure sim that enables the functionality, or perhaps both. Nfc wallets in most of Europe at the moment are only used for things like frequent shopper tags, Starbucks, vouchers etc. Shame really as it would be a real killer application of the technology. Ireland would be a perfect test market since we're all using the same standard of nfc on our debit cards, but if you think any of our banks could be arsed making our lives usefully easier..

Advertisement