Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga & Ayurveda

Options
  • 01-11-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Can anyone recommend a yoga teacher training programme in Ireland with a strong Ayurvedic influence?

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭burrenyoga

Hi Fanny,
    There is a list of the main yoga teacher training courses in Ireland at
    http://www.burrenyoga.com/yoga-ireland/yoga-teacher-training/

None that i know of with a strong Ayurvedic influence.

Yoga is over 5,000 years old and is such a big body of practice that i believe that the best yoga teacher training course would only
    focus on yoga and meditation rather than trying to spread itself too thinly to try to cover Ayurvedic knowledge and principles as well.

I have studied some Ayurvedic teaching, but in the end realized it was such a big body of knowledge that i confined my studies and my daily practices to yoga and meditation. This is just my approach and each person will have their own preferences and their own reasons. My preference is to pick one body of knowledge and try to sink to the depths of this knowledge rather than skim the surface of too many areas.

I hope the link above will help you see some of the wide range of diversity there is in yoga teacher training in Ireland.

Best Wishes,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply- that list was really helpful! I see Lisa Petersen has Donn Brennan listed as a guest teacher so that might be along the lines of what I'm looking for. It's not that I want to 'spread myself thinly' as such (although I understand what you mean by that!), it's more that I like to take an integrative approach and build on my existing knowledge & qualifications where possible. This somatic approach would also sit well with me, so I'll look into Lisa's training in some more depth.

Once again, thanks for your help!

F :-)

Advertisement